At shitzu Puppies we understand that you are making a life change by purchasing a puppy from us. All of our puppies will come with a 26 month health guarantee against genetic defects.
1. Understanding that no 100% guarantees are possible in dealing with living creatures and that not all problems are totally genetically caused, the seller, having in good conscience bred this litter from certified sound genetic stock, agrees to the following:
- If the puppy is diagnosed before 26 months of age with hip dysplasia (verified by a final OFA reading), or hereditable eye disease (verified by an AVCO certified veterinarian), the Seller agrees to either A) a refund of 50% of the purchase price OR B) a replacement puppy from an equivalent breeding.
- Any exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Copies of all previous veterinary records for the puppy will be voluntarily made available for review (providing contact information for all veterinary clinics and releasing records).
- Fulfillment of the guarantee will be determined by litter availability and mutual agreement by Buyer and Seller. Refund/replacement will only be given upon documented spay or neuter of the original puppy.
- The Buyer may keep the original dog, bearing the expense of any necessary treatment, or breeder will assist in placing the dog in another home if possible, or dog may be returned to breeder.
2. Buyer agrees that the hip guarantee will be VOID if:
- The dog was not fed an appropriate Large Breed puppy or other growth-appropriate commercial dog food diet for the first 12 months of age.
- Appropriate commercial diets contain a label stating “Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that ____ provides complete and balanced nutrition for a) growth, or b) all life stages of dogs.”
- Appropriate diets for hrowing large breed puppies contain calcium and phosphorus levels in the range of 0.8% to 1.2% by dry weight – e.g. Purina Proplan Focus Puppy Formula.
- The dog has been subjected to excessive physical stress (e.g. roading), if altered (spayed/neutered_ prior to 14 months of age, and/or is overweight (more than 5/9 on a 1-9 body condition scale), underweight (less that 3/9 on a 1-9 body condition scale), poorly conditioned, injured, treated with medication known to cause arthropathy (cartilage damage) such as enrofloxacin (Baytril), tetracyclines, TMS/SMZs; or sold, or bred priot to attaining final OFA hip/elbow/eye certification.